Sep 1, 2009

Grandpa Phil In Town

Mike's dad arrived from Maine last Thursday evening. Mike picked his dad up from the airport and they grabbed some dinner at Verranzio's before heading home. Last time Phil came to town he spent the WHOLE time fixing up our house. He said he didn't mind at all so Mike came up with another list for him. This time Mike was able to take off Friday and Monday to help. Friday, in between watching Louis, they put a new sink in our bathroom and cleaned out the birds nest in our air duct. Saturday Mike's dad helped Mike figure out a better place to store the kayaks and they worked on the deck. Saturday, Louis and I hung low as I had come down with a little bug and was not feeling well at all.

Sunday was beautiful and Phil had never seen Mt. Rainier National Park so we drove to Mowich Lake and hiked 2 miles to Eunice Lake. I still wasn't feeling well but I couldn't miss out on a HIKE! Louis was in a great humor until we got to the lake and sat down to have our picnic lunch. I sat Louis on my jacket and he immediately leaned over and grabbed a fistful of rocks and tried to put them in his mouth. I took the rocks away and that caused him to scream at the top of his lungs, which bounced off the rock cliffs around the lake, probably being heard for miles. I couldn't even distract him with his lunch. I pretty much had to hold him the whole time while he fussed and tried to get down!

Sunday night we made a steak dinner. Monday Louis went to daycare while the men finished up the list. Phil had a midnight flight so mike took his dad for dinner and some drinks before dropping him off at the airport. Louis really enjoyed having grandpa around and LOVED when grandpa picked him up swung him all around - Phil could have Louis laughing and squealing in no time at all! We had so much fun and hope grandpa gets to come back soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that Dad got out to visit - nice 3 generation picture in the mountains.
Hugs,
Mumma G