Two weekends ago we decided that we could NOT go an entire summer without a camping trip. Friday night we planned the trip and packed up. Good thing Mike likes a challenge because it was no easy feat getting everything in the car. Saturday we made a detour and stopped on Bainbridge Island to let Mike attend a free kayak class. Louis and I took a walk, went to the local fudge shop and watched Mike roll his kayak. In the afternoon we drove to Fort Flagler State Park. We called on the way up and the park ranger said she had one more site left.
Unfortunately, 45 min later when we arrived, it was gone. The ranger, however, was so taken with Louis, that she gave us the "emergency site" whatever that means. When we arrived we went down to the beach on the sound and Mike let me use his kayak to paddle around a little bit - it was nice to finally get out on the water myself! I borrowed a large tent from my coworker, planning to sleep Louis in the pack and play in the tent, but as I was getting Louis ready for bed he seemed to really like his sleeping bag so I thought I would give it a try.
I put Louis down at 6:30pm, in broad daylight, with kids screaming and he actually laid in the bag quietly for about 1/2 hour before falling asleep! He woke once to eat at midnight and slept till 6:45am. He slept in that sleeping bag just like a big boy! This left the evening for Mike and I to cook our hot dogs, drink our beer and make s'mores. I let Mike down by forgetting the beer and condiments and he fired me from packing the food. Mike was so sad that Louis had to sleep right through his first campfire that he made another one in the morning for Louis to enjoy! We were so proud of Louis and had such a great trip.Pictures!
3 comments:
Too flipping cute!! We've been wanting to take Taylor camping so badly, but the weather hasn't been very nice here. My parents just bought an RV, though, so we may try tent camping next to their RV some time soon.
We would have been out long ago if we had an RV. You should definitely take advantage of that! Luckily Louis did just great in the sleeping bag (although he only took up about 1/4 of it). Get out there and send us some pictures!
Loved looking at your pics. So glad that you all got to go camping. "Have baby will travel"
Love You,
Mumma G
Post a Comment