This past weekend Louis and I went to Chicago to see all of my college friends. Brianne and Mary picked us up at 11:30pm Thursday night after a VERY long flight with Louis not sleeping a wink. (I didn't know that it was possible for a baby to drop toys on the floor of the plane for mommy to pick up for 4 hours straight -at least he was happy!) I was so excited to see the girls that I talked there ear off till 1:15am! Friday we went out for breakfast then came back to let Louis nap before the party started. In the early afternoon Amy and Jeff arrived from Cincinnati with the twin, Sophie and Ella. Louis had fun playing with the girls but he was a little jealous that Ella crawled MUCH better than he did! Yes, Ella started crawling at 5 months and 1 week! She is the strongest baby I have ever seen!
Sophie however is more laid back and not moving quite as much yet. Later in the day, Jennie and James came from St. Louis and Justin and Laura and Maria and Jess came over. We spent the evening eating 3 different kinds of soup, drinking beer and catching up! Saturday, we all met at a forest preserve (minus Jennie and James who were on their way to a wedding, and Jess who was moving). We sat under tree on blankets and ate Einsteins, and played catch and Frisbee. Saturday afternoon we had to say goodbye to the Taylor-Haas' but it was so good to see them and the twins again.
Maria came over to Brianne and Mary's later in the afternoon to visit and to make a trip to Caribou Coffee with us and was so entertained by Louis' crawling style that she kept throwing her keys around the room to see Louis go after them. This is how Louis went from crawling 6 inches to like 5 feet in a few hours. Saturday evening it was just Brianne and Mary so we ordered a pizza, played skip-bo and watched a movie - Daddy hadn't seen Louis crawl yet! It was so great to have everyone together again and I can't wait to plan another trip!Thanks to Amy & Brianne for the pictures since I forgot my camera!
1 comments:
How fun! Great trip for Mama & Louie. I am sure Daddy missed his family :)
Hugs,
Mumma G
Post a Comment