Well, this has definitely been the month for tummy time - Finally Louis doesn't mind his tummy so much - he even SLEEPS on his tummy and most of his bath is spent on his tummy! If I set him on the floor in sitting it is only a matter of time before he is down on his tummy reaching for something. From a sitting position, Louis can get into all 4's (although he keeps one leg in front of him). If that legs shoots out behind him he goes down on his belly and can't get back into sitting! He sure looks like he is about to crawl any day now!Louis has woken up 2 times every night this past month - except this past week he is finally back to waking only one time per night -
I have decided I am not ready to fight the nighttime battle and I just go in and feed him real quick and he always goes right back down! However, the little toot has been boycotting naps at daycare - for 2 weeks now! Daycare is being very supportive and trying all of my ideas I have to get him to nap - hopefully we can find something to work - at home he is still taking 2 long naps at 9am and 1pm and ALWAYS goes down without a peep!!When I took Louis to the doctor for his 9 month checkup he weighed 19 pounds (10-25%) and was 28 inches long (25-50%). At his 6 month checkup his length was in the 75%. I was complaining to the doc that Louis is waking too much at night and he asked if he was getting enough to eat ....
his suggestions were mac and cheese and grilled cheese. So now I try to make an effort to make something for dinner that Louis can eat too...thanks to cousin Laura she gave me lots of suggestions - beef stew, meatloaf, pasta - Louis loves it all!More exciting news Louis can wave bye bye, and can clap his FEET! (we are working on the hands). A few times I swear I asked him to say MaMa and he did - but it isn't consistent enough to be sure. Louis can grab his shoes when asked
"Where are your shoes?" and really likes to share his food with you (and his toys). He plays games where he gives you his toy, then sticks his hand out and waits for you to do something silly with it and give it back! He also loves to drop things over and over and have you pick them up! It is so much fun watching Louis do new things each day and start to understand language a little bit!Pictures from the Month!
1 comments:
He's looking more like his daddy in these pictures and less like a Heidemann!!! Oh my! LOVE the laundry basket pic above. Thanks for taking it! XOXO to Louis! Wishing we could see you guys!
Post a Comment