Aug 19, 2009

Kate, Anne and My dad in Town

This post is long overdue but here it is! My mom had a trip to Italy planned with my parent's church and my dad decided to pass the time in Seattle. He arrived Wednesday Aug. 5th. I had to work both Thursday and Friday and my dad was SO excited to keep Louis. I have to admit I was a little nervous that Louis might not cooperate and that my dad might not know what to do (I forgot that he raised 3 kids). I made a schedule for Louis and I had my dad give him a cup right off the bat - forgetting the bottle all together - and both days went real well! My dad was so cute - he stuck right to the schedule and even wrote everything down!

Kate and Anne couldn't stand that my dad was in Seattle having fun without them (plus we were going to camp over the weekend - something that my mom doesn't like to do) so they flew in on Friday evening. Friday before my sister's came into town, my dad and I made up the camping list and did all the shopping. When my sisters arrived they were starving so we went to a quick dinner at "The Rock" pizza place and then came back to pack. Since it has been so dry Mike looked up the details on the burn ban aWe took a vote and the consensus was if there wasn't going to be s'mores and hots dogs we weren't going.

Instead, on Saturday, we drove up to Snoqualmie Pass and attempted to hike to Snow Lake. After 3/4 of a mile the trail became overgrown, steep, rocky, and strewn with fallen trees. As it turned out you couldn't make ANY fires - not even in designated fire pits. Kate and I were worried both about grandpa and Mike with Louis on his back. With no end in sight we finally turned around hiking a total of 5.63 miles (Mike had a GPS). We ended the day on a better note by picking 7 pounds of blueberries and then coming home to make a blueberry pie!

Sunday after blueberry pancakes (which Louis LOVED) and Louis' nap. We all headed up to Seattle. Kate had never done a traditional Seattle trip so we had to show her what it was all about. We did Pioneer Square, the Fish Market, Lunch at the Sound View Cafe, and coffee at Cafe Darte. We came home to cook up the awesome salmon that we bought and dad made a great blueberry sauce to go with it!

Monday it was back to work and this time my dad had Kate and Anne to help babysit! Tuesday we had to say good bye to Kate and my dad but Anne stayed till Thursday morning. Wednesday is my day off so Anne and I played all day - we took Louis to the Point Defiance Zoo! Louis was fussy all day and it only made matters worse when I was feeding him in the car and I closed his fingers in the car door! He let out a cry and then pretty much held his breath for like 10 sec while he was shaking all over. I thought he was going into shock! I felt SO bad I was pretty much crying with him. Amazingly the next day there was no bruise, or tenderness and no emotional harm done.

We didn't let my dad down by watching any good movies (although Burn After Reading wasn't too bad)! We had so much fun and the only thing missing was mom!

Pictures

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time! Pictures are adorable. I especially love Louis' blueberry face ; ) Missing you all.
Love,
Mumma G