Nana arrived June 10th from Maine for a week and a half long visit! Louis (and his parents) were very excited to see his Nana! Saturday we let Louis get his naps in and then went to downtown Tacoma for the Blue's Festival. We sat on the lawn and listened to music for a while, but it was pretty hot so we headed home to make some chicken apple brats (which is becoming a tradition). Sunday, we were going to take Nancy to Rainier but it was overcast and a little rainy, so instead we ran some errands and then in the late afternoon Mike went kayaking while Nancy, Louis and I walked to meet Mike at the beach. While we were waiting for Mike to return we let Louis swing on the baby swings
(which he giggled the whole time) and go down the slide! Once Mike got back he was rather annoyed that I forgot to bring the carseat with us - so he had to drive home and come back and pick us up : ) Monday and Tuesday Nancy babysat while we worked. I warned her that Louis has been boycotting bottles but she wasn't worried! When I got home from work she said "you have to see this..." She had Louis taking his milk out of a shot glass...and he was loving it!! Way to start him early, Nana : ). Tuesday, didn't go quite as smoothly as Louis was a little fussy and his afternoon nap did not last longer than 45 minutes. Nana wasn't bothered at all by this and said they still had a great day. Wednesday, however, I was home and we had the same problem...a fussy non-napping baby...who was not sleeping well at night either.
(I, on the other hand, was very bothered and kept asking Louis who took my happy baby and what did they do with him!!) I was getting nervous on Thursday because we were leaving for Olympic National Park that evening, so I left work early to run him by the doctor to make sure he didn't have an ear infection. Of course his ears look great...but the doc said his gums were swollen, so it looks like teething was the culprit. We got back in time to pack up for our trip to Olympic National Park (which took longer than expected) but more on that trip in the next post.Pictures!
1 comments:
I always have such a wonderful time when I visit :) Louie is sooo cute and I love seeing his emerging personality. Thank you for everything!
Hugs,
Mumma G
Post a Comment