This month Louis has been working on his sitting skills! He can now lean and reach forward and side to side without falling over! Occasionally he falls backwards or leans a little too far and ends up on his tummy but this makes him mad more than anything. At the end of this month Louis rolled from his back onto his stomach a few more times but is not really doing it consistently probably because he dislikes his tummy! I keep encouraging him to push up onto his hands when on his tummy and he can hold the position for like 30 sec but he can't push up on his own yet.Towards the end of this month Louis also started babbling - it is so funny sometimes he gets on a roll and talks for minutes at a time.
He also has become a lot more generous with his laughs which is really fun. He can pretty much just look at his dad and start laughing - he just loves Mike, if Louis is fussing for me Mike will come into view of Louis and Louis will start smiling and laughing right away - It is so cute! I guess he is going to end up being a daddy's boy. Daddy comes first, but Mia definitely comes second.
Louis will follow kitty around with his eyes and if I pick him up and bring him over to Mia he always laughs - Mia is pretty patient and usually lets Louis get one or two pets in (or handfuls of fur or tail) before she has had enough and walks away. Louis' favorite game is when I hold him and chase Mia around the house. We will hide around the corner and wait for Mia to come find us and then chase her around (Mia likes this game too). Louis can also play peek-a-boo now too! Louis knows his own name, Mia, Daddy and peek-a-boo! He is just starting to like books too - when I open a book he sits straight on my
lap and likes to touch and hit all the pages and if I turn a page half way he will turn it the rest of the way!Even though Louis is not moving around too much yet, it is so fun to see him communicating and playing games and smiling and laughing!
Pictures from the month!
2 comments:
PS - this is now the second month in a row he's managed to take a big bite out of his birthday sign before I can take a picture!
What cute pictures - he has grown a lot! I can hardly wait to come out and see for myself. I am counting down the days. Love all around!
Mumma G
Post a Comment