May 31, 2009

Louis is 7 Months Old!

This past month Louis has started sitting up! He hasn't mastered the skill entirely as I took my eye off him for literally 2 seconds and he fell back and hit the coffee table giving himself a large bump on his little bald spot - mom sure learned her lesson - but he can sit a few minutes at a time! Louis has also started taking "big boy" baths - he LOVES sitting up in the bathtub and playing with toys! But to be quite honest, our little toot (as we like to call him) is perfectly happy laying on his back and watching the world go by. Whenever we put him on his tummy he flips right over to his back and Mike lays him on his back in the bathtub and he thinks this is great! I don't think he will ever crawl. One time I was trying to get Louis to roll back to tummy and I was showing him all of his toys and he didn't care but then I got out the remote control and he immediately flipped right over onto his tummy for THAT! Ha- that figures! So we know he can do it he just doesn't want to do it!

Louis LOVEs eating - he eats all kinds of fruits and veggies and we haven't found anything he doesn't like! His favorites are sweet potatos and all the fruits (of course). I am still having fun making all of his baby food, unfortunately our freezer has been taken over by frozen milk and frozen ice cube blocks of baby food!

At the beginning of the month Louis was waking to eat only 1 time per night - he would go down between 6:30 and 7:00pm and wake at 7am. After our trip to St. Louis, however he started waking 2 times to eat. He doesn't need to eat 2 times per night but if I tried to give him the pacifier or rocked him or sent Mike in he would get so mad and scream - so I would just feed him - but towards the end of the month he started to get back to his 1 time per night feeding schedule - what a relief! Louis is quite the little napper too! On a typical day he takes 3 naps -the first 2 are about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and the last nap is short 45 min to 1 hour! If we can stick to this schedule he is such a happy baby! He also is getting the hang of his naptime routine - sometimes I will take a perfectly happy baby, sit in the rocking chair, get out a book and he starts screaming - ha! its like he knows whats coming and doesn't like it! Usually he gets all his fussing out before I even lay him down and then falls right asleep!

We are having to much fun with Louis and while we want him to say tiny we also can't wait for him to start moving around a little more!

Pictures from the Month!

3 comments:

Mike said...

P.S. You should know that the 7 month old sign is missing a corner because Louis managed to eat it before we could get the picture taken. Everything into the mouth, how fun!

Brianne said...

Do you call him "toot" because he farts a lot?! Just wondering... :)

Marcie said...

Well...he does fart a lot but that is not why we started calling him that...I don't know why really!