This past weekend we decided to venture out to Mount Rainier to try out the hiking back pack that my co worker let me borrow. We made it about 5 minutes down the trail before Louis started crying! We took him out, readjusted the pack and tried again. He didn't like this either and was crying in Mike's ear. After a few minutes he was quiet but then began to nod off. It was the saddest thing I had ever seen - his head kept falling down and then popping back up with nothing to rest it on. I finally propped a blanket up for his head to lay on but then I was worried he was going to suffocate (yes, I have my mom's craziness)! During our picnic lunch on the banks of the Carbon River we did a foot check and Louis' feet were pretty cold and he was SO tired.
So we started off carrying him back to keep his feet warm (it was 50 degrees out) and he fell asleep so rather than have a crying baby again Mike and I took turns carrying him the whole 3 miles back! Needless to say we were all exhausted and the hiking backpack needs a few adjustments before we try it again. However, it was a beautiful day and it was fun to spend the day together!Pictures
4 comments:
New Adventures - they are great, too! Pictures are adorable - especially the two in the blog.
Hugs all around,
Muma G
Some friends just started using the baby backpack with their 6 month old daughter. 10 minutes into the 5 mile walk she was freezing--I gave her my winter hat to wear!!
Even though you're transmitting some heat to Louis through the pack, I wouldn't hesitate to over dress him. (My student athletes laugh at me all the time, but I just remind them that I'm not the one moving!!)
Best of luck!!
Karla
Oh my goodness - he is soo big. What a cutie patutie.
Wish Caroline and Louis could play together more!!!
Thinking of you.
XOXO
Stephi O'
he is just TOO adorable!
Post a Comment