May 19, 2009

Steve and Erin's Wedding

We're a little late posting this but we went to St. Louis for Steve and Erin's wedding. Louis and I flew in on Wednesday evening while Mike came in the next day. After arriving in St. Louis I swore I was never flying again with just Louis. He slept for the first 30 minutes of the flight and that was IT!!! The entire flight he was fussing and crabby because he was overtired and I was constantly trying to distract him and keep him from crying - it was exhausting and I was SO glad to finally arrive!

Thursday, Louis and I ended up sleeping in and missed church, but we did not miss the coffee shop after church - it was so fun to see Katie and Emily and their girls! Thursday night was the rehearsal dinner at Yak's which was very nice - Uncle Les gave a really nice speech and dinner was great!

Friday, after spending the morning at home, Mike, Louis, and I went to see Katie and Jim's new baby - Alyssa Taylor - she was so tiny and cute - well, Katie says she is huge as she was 9 pounds when she was born but to Mike and I she looked TINY! Our next stop was Karen and Travis' house. They had 9 baby ducklings on the way as a duck made a nest in their back yard!! As it turns out, the next day 7 of the eggs hatched and Karen and Travis helped the little guys across Hampton and over to a park with a pond. It's a long story but basically, they got 6 of the baby's in a box and Travis carried the box with the mama duck and the last baby in tow while Karen stopped traffic!!

Saturday was the day we had been waiting for - the wedding! The ceremony was beautiful, Erin's dress was awesome, and they even wrote their own vows which was so sweet! The reception was held at the Grand Ballroom at Union Station. Dinner was steak, potatoes and asparagus which was great followed by dancing with a VERY entertaining DJ! The night was completed by gift of a box of donuts on the way out the door - I ate mine in the car!

Sunday, Laura, Tim, Doris, Bill, Audrey, Drew, Sophie and Meg all came over for donuts and bagels! ALSO, AUNT DIANE, UNCLE LEO AND BRYAN CAME OVER TOO AS THEY WERE IN TOWN FOR THE WEDDING AND STAYING AT GRANDMA'S. (SORRY FOR FORGETTING YOU GUYS!!) After visiting with the family, Mike, Louis and I went to Joe and Sanya's to visit and see their daughter Allison. Last time we saw Allison she was younger than Louis and now she is 2!

Mike had to go home on Sunday, so after we dropped him off at the airport we cooked dinner - fish tacos! Monday was Anne's 21st Birthday - we wanted to celebrate with Mimosa's but Anne had to drive back to Kansas City so that wasn't a good idea. Instead we went to lunch at the Thyme Table (unfortunately, Anne ended up having to leave before we left) so we went without her. My dad was planning to fly back with me to help me and he made it on the flight to Chicago but all the seats were taken for the Seattle flight. I was very disappointed and the flight started off with a 15 minute crying fit and I even had tears in my eyes but they Louis fell asleep and woke up with only 1:20 min left! We had a great trip to St. Louis and cant wait to go back!!

Pictures from the Wedding!
...and more from St Louis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun weekend and great to have you here! The pictures are awesome! Missing you...Love,g&g h

Mike said...

I agree! Hopefully g&g h can come out to Seattle sometime soon :)