Well, it might be my birthday but it doesn't look like I'll be sharing it with Louis after all. His due date has come and gone with no signs of labor! My parents arrived this past Tuesday so I was really hoping that he would have come sometime this week. Instead, we have been passing the time by taking long walks trying to induce labor which is totally not working!
Yesterday we went to the Seattle Arboretum and walked about 3 miles and today Mike and I walked around the neighborhood this morning and then we all walked along the beach at Point Defiance Park. With no labor in sight, we spent the afternoon carving pumpkins and watching the world series. Mike cooked up some steaks for dinner and we had homemade dark chocolate birthday cake, which was awesome!! All of you SLU friends will be so relieved to know that my mother bought me a brand new pair of gray, velor sweatpants for my birthday -
she couldn't stand the almost holes in the knees of my old ones. Mike says that he has a feeling Louis is going to begin to arrive tonight and I hope he is right as I don't know how many more days of work I can take!! We will keep you updated.Pictures
7 comments:
happy birthday marcie! i hope that you get a belated birthday baby soon! :) i'm sending all my contraction inducing thoughts your way.
julie
Those pumpkins look great! I'm assuming Marcie didn't do her own since there is no visible string hanging down inside any of them. (TORNADO!) Hopefully, you are in labor as I am writing this. Love you both!
Brianne, I TOTALLY did my own pumpkin - it was a very tedious job and it took me a long time!! P.S. Not in labor yet.
Marcie, I am VERY impressed! Which one is yours? PS-Tell Louis to get movin'!
mine is the big one with all the teeth - I tried to make it look friendly this year by not making pointy teeth and then Mike said "I see you made another evil pumpkin!"
happy late birthday! i hope you're at the hospital by now!
Katie Weiss
Your pumpkin looks happy, not evil. Tell Mike I said it looks great!
Post a Comment