Well, only two more weeks left of the pregnancy! I keep telling Louis to stay put until after Oct. 21st since that is when my parents are coming for a 2 week long visit! Everything is still going well - except the little fall I took on Saturday afternoon. My doctor has told me to cut back on the walking so Mike and I thought we would drive to Point Defiance a nearby beach and "stroll" along the water. Well, the beach turned into a slippery slab of rock and Mike told me to be careful - and I told HIM that my balance is just fine and hasn't changed a bit! Well, I guess I spoke too soon because not five minutes later my feet flew out from under me and I was sprawled on the ground. The only thing that was hurt was my pride (I landed on my side so no harm done!)

If that wasn't enough excitement for the weekend, Sunday morning I got a burst of energy and decided to cook breakfast (normally this is Mike's job). Well, things got a little smoky and before I knew it the smoke detectors were going off. This wouldn't be such a big deal except the detectors are tied to our alarm system and our alarm went off too so the alarm company dispatched 911. Mike called the alarm company and they said they would cancel the dispatch but sure enough - the big yellow fire truck shows up at our house - It was SOOO embarrassing especially since we live in a cul-de-sac!
The firemen were really nice (and cute) and offered to air the house out for me (I declined - it wasn't THAT bad!) I guess I learned my lesson!Sunday afternoon, we decided to take one last drive out to Mount Rainier before the baby arrives. We went to Mowich Lake and Mike took some great pictures while we did a very slow, gentle hike!
More Pictures
2 comments:
You two are so cute :) Marcie, It is a good thing that you turn sideways so we can see Louis, otherwise no one would be able to tell you were pregnant. You look great! Love You,
Muma G
I love my Germanamanns! Keep me posted on any developments!
Post a Comment