Dec 5, 2006

Thanksgiving in St. Louis

We spent thanksgiving in St. Louis this year and keeping with tradition, thanksgiving dinner was at my parents. It was great to see my baby cousins Sophie and Audrey (as well as the rest of my family)! Uncle Les didn't like my "light" version of pecan pie and he let me know about it (that's okay, Anne can make hers again next year). The next morning we drove down to Kanas to visit my mom's side of the family. It was the first time Mike met my grandpa! We all had fun in Kansas and I saw my other baby cousins Abagail and J.D. Mike took Amber and Troy's engagement pictures which was fun and they turned out great!

So Mike is in England (Derby to be exact) for the month of December. I am getting along fine without him (well sort of). Last night I thought the washing machine was making a funny noise, but then I decided it was my imagination. So left for the gym in my apartment complex. I ran all the way there and realized I forgot my key card so I ran all the way back home. When I opened my door and it smelt great in my apartment and I realized I had forgoten all about my cheesecake in the oven. (one disaster was adverted). So while I was waiting the 10 more minutes for it to be done I went to put the clothes into the dryer and realized that somehow the ENTIRE FULL box of dryer sheet somehow landed in the washing machine! The box was torn to shreds!So I put the clothes into the dryer hoping dry pieces of cardboard would be easier to pick off the clothes. Not really. I still have a huge mess to clean up!! Mike, when are you coming home???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcie!! don't worry i'll be up there soon to help you out! ha ha. and by the way i liked your pecan pie much better. miss you!

Marcie said...

Anne, I can't wait for you to come up - maybe we can make some Pecan Pie!!

Mike said...

No, Hucknall to be exact :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! whatever its called, we're gonna make some... mike im so sad that you won't be there to eat hucknall pie with us.... hmmm for some reason that doesn't sound quite as appetizing...

Mike said...

No, no, no... I'm in Hucknall England, not Derby. Hucknall is not a pie :)

Marcie said...

Anne, I think you were thinking of huckleberry pie. Mikes comment was quite out of context! Mom says that she may be coming up with you - i hope she does, i dont think i can get off work on friday but maybe i can work like a half day.

Anonymous said...

i was actually kidding -- i knew that wasn't a kind of pie. ;-) its just the way your comments followed eachother... it sounded like mike was correcting you, marcie! of course there's no hucknall pie! if there was i would of heard of it!

Marcie said...

That is so funny! I should have known you were kidding - after all you are a college student now!

Kate said...

Well I, for one, actually DID think that "hucknall" was just some snazzy East Coast word for "pecan." It certainly does sound delicious.

Marcie, I am seriously laughing out loud in the library right now, thinking of your story with the dryer sheets and cheesecake and forgotten keys ... scary. Where were Katie and Jim when all this was happening? They should be keeping a closer eye on you.