Nov 19, 2006

One Year Anniversary

Well, today is our one year anniversary!! However, it has not been an exciting day. I worked till noon and Mike has been at school finishing up a presentation for his class. So I will tell you all about last weekend.

I decided to take it upon myself to surprise Mike for our anniversary. So, I booked a cabin at the Sun Mountain Lodge in the North Cascade Mountains (as a surprise). Things were going smoothly until I was at work on Friday (we were leaving Friday after work) and everyone said I better not go unless I had chains for the tires since it was supposed to be snowing in the mountain passes. So I called Mike and told him to go buy chains for the car.
Before we left, he said he wanted to practice putting the chains on the car. I said, "You won't need them, it’s just in case." and he said he was going to be mad if he had to put the chains on the tires. Well, of course the weather information station said "all chains required" and sure enough all cars and semis were pulled over putting the chains on. We did have some trouble putting the chains on but NOTHING compared to taking them off (by the way - we really didn't even need the chains, there was no accumulated snow - it wasn't even below freezing) and there was an accident so we waited like 1 1/2 hours in traffic over the pass. When it came time to take the chains off you had to pull over to the side of the road, semis were flying past, it was dark, and cold. Mike took the chain off in the wrong order (since he hadn't practiced) and then couldn't find where to unhook the hoop as it had fallen behind the tire, and he wouldn't let me out of the car because the semis were so close, we were both thinking we may have to call for help, but after warming his hands in the car he was able to get it unhooked. So 7 hours later we made it to our cabin. It was AWESOME - new, fully furnished kitchen, right on a lake with huge windows overlooking the lake. I had snuck food in the trunk so i made some fabulous dinners (if I do say so myself), Saturday we hiked to the top of Mount Patterson, then relaxed in the outdoors hottub that overlooked the mountains, played some ping pong (I kicked Mike's butt) and pool, and Sunday drove up another mountain (we did need the chains but by that time Mike was a pro at taking them on and off) and took a small hike there. Mike was very impressed that I was capable of planning such a great weekend!!


So tonight we are planning to eat the top of our wedding cake and drink the bottle of wine that Kate had gotten us for a shower gift to drink tonight (and go out to dinner - if Mike ever comes home).

One more update - our new friends Katie and Jim moved from Seattle into our Apartment complex yesterday!!!! We are so excited to have them so close and can't wait to hang out all of the time! Yesterday was Katie's birthday so after we helped them move they came over for some chicken enchiladas and pumpkin pie!

*More Pictures*
*Landscapes*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!

We are French students and Kate talk about you all the time and she loves you. She shows us your photo you are looking like Kate and you are very beautiful.
Big kiss and congratulations for the weeding. We hope you'll have lot of children =).