Dec 17, 2006

I'll be home for Christmas

Four more days until I fly home from England! It's been a fun trip but I'm ready to go back. The fact that I actually have to work has limited my travel a bit but I have enjoyed my time here. I have been staying in Nottingham, yes where the story of Robin Hood takes place. There's a nice big statue of the man in tights as well as the Nottingham Castle and Sherwood Forest around the corner. Nottingham is actually a big college town so Christmas lights are all around and the streets have been busy with holiday shoppers.

I've been here for 20 days and in that time, I've tried over 20 local brews and experienced over 30 pubs, clubs and restaurants. That means, I'm afraid to step on the scale when I get home and fear I may look a little too much like Santa. I think I'm going to have some serious work to do in January. But until then, there's plenty more pubs I haven't yet tried.

With any luck, work will finish up at little early on Wednesday. I plan on driving the 3 hours to London for the night since my flight's not until 4pm on Thursday. Hopefully everything goes as planned, I'd like to see it even if I'm only there for a few hours. As for now, I'm off to do some Christmas shopping and maybe grab another cask conditioned ale!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

That is an awesome picture. you should put more pictures up there - I know you have been taking them!
Come home soon!!!

Unknown said...

only a little over a week till I get to see you two!!

Unknown said...

hey guys.. new post time or what?