This weekend we finally decided to check out Portland, OR. We got into town Friday night and went out for a quick drink across the street from our hotel, which was by the airport. Saturday morning we drove into the city by 9:00am. We spent the day walking around - we walked along the Columbia River, went to the Chinese Gardens in Chinatown, got some coffee from Stumptown Coffee House and spent a lot of time in the huge Powell Bookstore. I called my dad to ask him where that bookstore was, and would you believe it - he knew the names of the exact streets and how to get there from where we were!
We ate lunch at a bar and grill called Henrys. After lunch, we took a break and went back to the hotel for a few hours. At about 7:30pm we went back downtown for a fabulous dinner at Masu - a Japanese Sushi Bar. We went straight home since Mike had plans to get up before dawn to drive to Mt. Hood and take some pictures. Fortunately for me, he didn't wake up till 7:00am, but we still got some pretty good pictures - we hiked to Mirror Lake, which reflects Mt. Hood in it. We then drove to the historic Timberline Lodge and ate some lunch and checked out the lodge.

Unfortunately, the ski lift that usually takes people high up on the mountain was closed. We then took the scenic drive home.
I have to say I was a little disappointed because we ordered beer 4 times in the course of the weekend and NOT ONE time did I get carded. Two of the times there was a couple and then 3 girls sitting next to us that looked my age (or so I thought) that did get carded by our same server. I never thought I would be sad for not getting carded but I hate to think that I am starting to age!
*Pictures*
5 comments:
I'll have to share my pictures of flying over Mt. Hood. On one of my flights last week, we literally flew directly over it, so I have pictures with it and Mt. Ranier in the background...
I may not get to go to many fun places these days, but at least I get to fly over! I might have pictures of Spokane, too.
See what you're missing out on in Flight Test!!
aww... mr. germani you are not getting old! you look great! Did Marcie get carded?
Sounds like fun!
Mike-I keep forgetting to tell you how great your photos are. I hope you are keeping an album and, if I ever make it to your place, I certainly hope to see some of those landscapes framed and hanging in your place--they are too good to keep on a computer!!! (I especially love all the crip, clear reflection photos you get, plus the lily pads are really neat in this most recent post!)
Thanks Laura, I'd say I wasn't trying to impress you but that would be a lie.
I love the matching shirts!
Post a Comment