This weekend Kate and two of her friends came to Seattle for a visit!Kate flew in on Friday, Jamie (who is doing Jesuit Volunteer Corps in Portland, OR) hitched a ride to our apartment, and then the two of them left Friday evening to pick up Teresa (who is also doing JVC) in Yakima. The girls returned on Saturday afternoon, and we headed into Seattle to go to the Public Market for some fresh shrimp for dinner. We also picked up some Cabernet Jelly, Beechers cheese and some crackers. We couldn't leave without getting a drink, so we grabbed a pitcher of beer at Pike's Brewery.
We couldn't resist the food any longer; since Jamie just happened to have a pocket knife in her purse, we were able to break out the cheese, crackers and jelly! We cooked dinner--citrus shrimp pasta--and had homemade blackberry pie (fresh blackberries that Mike and I possibly stole out of someone's yard earlier that morning).On Sunday everyone slept in.
Before breakfast, we girls went on a quick run ... then made a fabulous meal of eggs, scones and fruit! We made a quick trip to West Seattle to visit the Alki Lighthouse and walk along the beach before dropping off Teresa at the Greyhound bus. Jamie left a little later, and Kate was very sad to see them go, since she is leaving for France next week for 7 months to teach English!Kate is still a little out of sorts this evening as she keeps crying at all of the cheesy parts of Father of the Bride 2.Kate and I just made some apple cobbler and are awaiting a visit from our cousin Sarah and her friend Ashley.
Sarah makes a yearly trip to Seattle from Illinois to visit her friend in Tacoma and this year she is adding us to the agenda! We just spent an hour chatting with Sarah and Ashley who are two very hilarious girls. You should ask them for the story on the show they went to in Seattle on Saturday night - its great! Once again, it was another sad goodbye as Kate is leaving for France.
4 comments:
I miss you guys! I cant wait till Xmas!
Am I the ONLY one that hasn't made it to Seattle yet?!? Ugh! If only I wasn't about to have a baby, I'd be there! Can't wait to catch up!
Laura, don't feel bad. I haven't made it out either and I'm not having a baby. But, I am a poor college student, if that counts. I keep reading all these fun stories about visits to Seattle. I'm going to have to plan a trip!
Marcie and Mike, you are the best hosts EVER! Thanks for being so good to me and my girlfriends this weekend. I'll have to give Teresa and Jamie your blog address so they can see your synopsis and photos of our weekend.
You fed us so well (pasta! pie! scones! beer! wine!)--I mean, we ARE eating in fifty percent of the photos you posted from the weekend--and you whisked us around the city like pros. As Teresa told me on the phone after this weekend, "Those Heidemann/Germanis know how to have a good time, and they know how to show people a good time." I agree!
Amber and Laura, I do highly recommend making a trip to Seattle so YOU, too, can get the royal treatment. Everybody's doing it.
Oh, and for everybody's information, Father of the Bride 2 may be cheesy, but it has a few shining moments ... like when George Banks tells the doctor-who-looks-too-young-to-deliver-babies-but-who-is-nonetheless-about-to-deliver-the-babies-of-his-wife-and-daughter, "Doctor, these women are my life." Come ON! Who wouldn't tear up at THAT?
Post a Comment