Jun 28, 2010

Camping at Birch Bay


This weekend we headed up North for a night of camping at Birch Bay State Park. Our last camping trip was a disaster with a crabby, teething toddler so we were hesitant about trying it again. This time was A LOT better, but was still hard. Mr. Louis would not go to bed in the tent so once again we didn't get any peaceful time to sit around the fire make s'mores and play cards - sad! We did however have fun playing at the beach, making burgers for dinner and Mike made pancakes and bacon on his Colman stove (which about 20 months ago he would have sworn he would NEVER own)! Louis actually slept in Sunday morning which was great since it was raining and he awoke just as the rain stopped! Louis had a great time playing with sticks and rocks (gocks) but he would get mad because he would try to hold every stick in the entire campsite in his arms all at once and then he would drop one or two! Oh yeah- I now see a problem with cute fuzzy mice depicted in most of his kids books because on Sunday morning I saw him with something fuzzy in his hand and when I asked him to bring it to mommy he happily brought me a real mouse head!!! I was completely panicked and freaking out! Gross!

MORE PICTURES

1 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a great camping trip! And I completely understand the Colman stove. Jim and I have talked about investing in one. It's just so much easier when family camping!