This year Mike tried to surprise me by a weekend away for our anniversary. The surprise was ruined when I started complaining about how I had to work on Sunday (Mike forgot that I had to work so he had to break the news that he had something planned and that I could NOT work). Friday afternoon, we drove to Alta Crystal Resort (the same place that we stayed when Katie and Jim came to town when I was 32 weeks pregnant).
Friday night we ate tacos in our little cabin and watched a movie! Saturday we bundled Louis up (which he LOVES) and went snow shoeing up Crystal Mountain (we literally walked up a groomed ski run with skiers flying past us. It was snowing at the time - which was beautiful - so we wanted to play it safe and avoid any avalanche dangers. Needless to say i
t was TOUGH walking up a mountain in snowshoes and did last very long (about 2 hours). We made our way back to the cabin and took Louis swimming in the 90 degree pool - which he also loved! He just loves being outside - it is like he is automatically serene when he is outside. It only took him about 10 minutes to fall asleep in the baby carrier on the mountain! Saturday night, Mike and I really really really wanted to go to the bonfire and make s'mores, but it was at 8:00pm and Louis goes to bed at 6:30. I tried so hard to keep him up but by 7:15 he was at his breaking point and I looked at Mike who reluctantly told me to put him down.
So, I went to the bonfire by myself and made s'mores-to-go. It was good to get away without the stresses of everyday life - like a house that needs to be cleaned - but we are realizing that even though we have an extremely easy-going baby it is HARD to go away -
Saturday morning Louis was up for the day before 5am - ugh! It is hard and messy to feed a one year old without a high chair - the first night he was standing at the coffee table eating cheese and he slipped and banged his lip and was bleeding so much I thought he knocked his teeth out - but he recovered quickly! It is also stressful bundling up a baby for cold temps and then worrying about if his feet are cold the whole time!! All-in-all it was WAY worth it! Thanks Mike, for such a fun trip!!
More Pictures!
0 comments:
Post a Comment