Nov 30, 2009

Louis is 13 Months Old

This past month has been amazing! It was if Louis' first birthday changed him into a toddler over night! Our little guy loves crawling all over the house - he loves opening the kitchen cabinets and playing with the dish towels and Tupperware, he can crawl up the stairs and he loves swinging doors open and closed. Yesterday he would "close" daddy in the closet then swing the door back open. Mike said he had never heard him giggle so hard! Louis has figured out how to push all the buttons on his toys. If you tell him to "honk his horn" he will push the red button on his dump truck! He will bring me books for me to read to him - he will sit on my lap for like 10 minutes and let me read to him! If you start singing or whistling ANYTHING Louis will start clapping! He also plays "so big". The sweetest thing is that Louis gives kisses (mostly they are reserved for mommy, but not always). Sometimes you will have to ask for the kiss but at other times he will just look at me, open his mouth real big and put his face right up to my face - my heart just melts! The biggest news of the month is that Louis has started pulling up. He did this shortly after turning 1 and it only took a few days for him to become a pro at it! Now he is always standing! He can't, however, take any steps yet, not even a tiny one!

Mike and I are pretty sure he is starting to mean "mama" and "dada" when he says it. I don't think he is all that consistent yet but we are counting it as his first words! One time I went outside to take out the trash and when I came back in, Louis reached his hand up and said "ma" I am SURE he knew he was saying my name!

Louis is still a great eater - still eating everything we put in front of him - except one thing! EGGS! I have tried eggs cooked all different ways and each time he makes this awful face and then will pull the egg out of his mouth and throw it on the floor. It is so funny!

One the night of Louis' first birthday I decided that it was time for him to sleep through the night. It took 4 nights of "crying it out" before he slept through the night for 2 nights. Then he got sick, and I started feeding him again, since he had a high fever and was dehydrated. I finally got up the motivation to try it again, it has been three nights and he is still crying on and off for 1 -2 hours. Mike has been going in at different intervals to reassure him and it is so pitiful. Each time, Louis will hear someone enter the room and be silent, then he realizes it daddy, not mommy and he will scream! Poor daddy!

We are enjoying Louis more and more each day, I just can't believe that is even possible, but we are!

2 comments:

Kate said...

He's so big! I can't believe that he's 13 months already. I love it that he's getting into everything - I can't wait until Taylor starts with that. Yay for first words, too!

Anonymous said...

What a doll! Missing you all.
Hugs,
Mumma G