Jun 15, 2009

Julie and Daniel's Wedding

This weekend we flew to Minnesota for Julie and Daniel's wedding. We landed around noon on Friday and immediately met up with Brianne and Mary and Justin and Laura. We headed straight for lunch at the Pot Belly Pig! After lunch we went to the hotel and met up with Jeff and Amy and their new baby twins! Sophia and Ella are 11 weeks old and completely adorable! It was amazing to see Jeff and Amy as parents and quite truthfully I don't know how they do it - it seems like they are always feeding them or changing diapers. They are really good babies though and both like to be held and cuddled! But...being that Jeff and Amy are both PT's...the girls get plenty of tummy time and are very strong girls and have great head control!

Friday night we drove out to Hudson for a open house in Julie and Daniels new house (which is beautiful - was built 2 1/2 years ago and has 4 bedrooms!) We had pizza and Julie's home made ice cream! We shared a room with Brianne and Mary at the hotel, I was so nervous about how Louis would do and was disappointed when he cried when I tried to put him down. I ended up letting him sleep between Mike and I just to keep the peace and of course he was so happy to be there. He didn't want to go to sleep and kept looking at Brianne as she got ready for bed and smiling at her but Brianne did good ignoring him so as not to wind him up - it was so funny!

Saturday was our only full day. We managed to get all the babies feeding schedules synchronized enough to all go down to breakfast. When Louis got tired Mike took him for a nap and I went for a run with Brianne, Mary, Justin, and Laura. Mary and I were going to walk while the rest ran but we ended up starting with a plan to run for like 10 minute and ended up running for 50 minutes straight because we got a little disoriented! When we got back to the hotel we went down to the hotel pool and Louis had his first swim - which he LOVED - it was so cute! After a little swim we all got ready and head to the "preception" at Maggiano's. Julie and Daniel had prepared a nice slide show and the sit down dinner was awesome! We went home early to rest up for the big day tomorrow! We hung out in Laura and Justin's room and played Nerds - a card game I was introduced to on this trip and LOVED.

Sunday morning Mike and Justin got bagels to hold us over until brunch while the rest of us got ready. Once again we were all ready on time and we took a shuttle to the Gale Mansion which was the place of the wedding. We were almost late due to construction but we made it with 5 minutes to spare. Julie was beautiful -she wore her mom's wedding dress with a few modifications! The ceremony was outside and they couldn't have asked for a better day. Brunch followed the ceremony which was wonderful! We left the wedding just in time to take the shuttle back to the hotel and get ready for our flight. It was sad to say good by since I don't know when we will all see each other again but it sure was a fun weekend!

Louis did great on the plane rides - I told Mike we need to plan our next trip : ). The only problem was that I think Louis got used to sleeping with us for the past two nights and he did NOT want to sleep in his own bed - it took me 2 hours to get him down for the night!

Pictures!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute pictures. My book is filling up again :) See you soon.
Love to All,
Mumma G