Jun 26, 2009

Grandpa and Grandpa H. In Town

Last Saturday my parents flew in for a visit. Saturday night we went out for Father's Day dinner - a pizza place in Kent Station! Sunday morning I went kayaking with Mike and he even talked me into falling out of my kayak so I could practice getting back in! Getting in was easy - it was the falling out that was pretty scary! When we got home I finally got the opportunity to show Mike (and my parents) how you can walk from the house to the beach in Dash Point State Park. It takes 45 minutes to hike there, but most of the walk is on a wooded trail in the State Park. Sunday night we made turkey burgers and watched a movie. Mike and I had to work Monday and Tuesday and my parents were so excited to stay home and watch Louis! Of course, Louis was such a great and happy baby and my parents were starting to wonder if he ever cried. (I actually started wondering that too) - Until Tuesday when I came home from work and Louis had a low grade fever and grew fussy as the evening wore on. I gave him Tylenol and called the doctor who said if the fever persists for 72 hours then bring him in.

Tuesday morning I dropped Louis and my parents off at Starbucks and they sat and had coffee, and bought some Salmon for dinner before walking home. Mike cooked about the best Copper River Salmon I had ever tasted and my mom made the best chocolate cake with coconut icing! We actually watched some pretty good movies - "Taken" which we all thought was pretty good and "The Reader" - which Mike and My dad said was too slow but my mom and I liked!

Wednesday I had to say good-bye to the parents just as things started to go downhill with Louis. He was stuffy, congested, had a fever and this added up to a almost completely sleepless night. I actually called my mom at 2am with Louis crying in the background asking her what to do. I ended up talking to the nurse on call who guessed he had an ear infection. I left the house at 3 am and bought infant Motrin at her recommendation and then drove Louis around in the car until he fell asleep (about 20 minutes)! The next day I called in sick and took him to the doctors who said his ears were "shiny and clear"! I was shocked that there was nothing wrong with him because he was so so crabby, irritable, and not hardly nursing (however, he was eating solids just fine!)

0 comments: