Louis has changed so much in the past month! The most exciting news is that he has started laughing out loud! The first time he laughed was 4 days ago and we are constantly trying to get him to laugh ever since because it is so amazing! Louis is getting much more coordinated with his hands and he loves reaching for toys on his Baby Einstein Gym. Any toy that he gets into his hand immediately goes to his mouth. He has also really taken a liking to the tag blanket that Amber gave him and he loves chewing on the tags! Tummy Time is getting much more fun - when propped on a small roll he will play for about 10 min on his tummy and he has just started attempting to reach for toys on his tummy too!
Louis is getting so much better at taking the bottle (We had a little trouble with it at first). Mike is enjoying the 2 days a week he gets to stay home with Louis and usually Louis does really well napping and playing with dad all day! For the most part Louis does well at day care and loves the other kids and is constantly smiling at them. Last time I picked him up from there I walk in the door and hear "honey, don't bounce him so hard" and I thought, "I hope that's not my baby." Well, sure enough the kids are all around him bouncing him in the bouncy seat and Louis was just all smiles. Fortunately, he spends most of the day in the infant room! Louis is so exhausted after his day at day care that it is a challenge to keep him up till 5:30pm.
On the downside, Louis is getting less portable. If he is not in his crib he is not sleeping. This makes it harder for us to be gone all day hiking or to go out to dinner, as he looks so tired but he just cannot fall asleep and then we risk him getting overtired and crabby. Louis has been continuing to sleep well. Usually he goes to bed around 5:30 or 6:30 and he sleeps till 7am with 2 feedings. Last night, however, Louis slept 9 hours in a row and I only had to feed him once! (Maybe it's because he is 4 months old now!)
Pictures from the month!
5 comments:
Okay, I may be biased, but he is seriously the cutest little boy ever! And Marcie, in a couple of those pics, his hair totally looks like it is getting red! I bet he is going lose all that dark hair and then grow red hair in its place...he is going to be a ginger! :) Love you guys!
When I first saw the "portability" comment I thought you were referring to his weight!! (Nephew is almost 7 mos and weighs 22 lbs. Be glad you don't have to carry that around!!)
Louis looks like a pretty fun guy!! Keep the updates coming!!
Karla
Thanks guys! I agree, he IS the cutest baby ever and I am in no way biased. I also think I am starting to see a little red too! Yeah! It was great seeing you B and M, and Karla, we will see you in May!
Louis is such a cute little guy! I can't wait to see you all! I have a feeling that he won't be sleeping most of the time on this trip :)
Love cousin Julie
Awesome prone on elbows Louis! What handsome little fellow :) Amy
Post a Comment