This past month Louis has been so much fun and such a sweet baby! The major milestone happened around the middle of the month when he decided to roll over! He rolled from his stomach to his back 2 time in a row and then Mike and I spent the next few weeks trying to get a video of him doing it again! He doesn't roll all that consistently yet but it is a start! The other thing is that the cute laugh from last month disappeared when my parents left town and no matter how funny I am I have not been able to get Louis to laugh. However, I was relieved when 2 days ago our neighbor, Bob had him laughing up a storm for about 5 minutes straight - I guess mom just isn't funny enough! Louis is also now known as "Thumper" since he's started kicking his legs up and down on the bed when he is either falling asleep or waking up.
At first we couldn't figure out what the noise was that was literally shaking the house and after a few nights we were entertained to realize that Louis was bringing both lets up in the air and slamming them down on the bed repeatedly!Our little thumper also doesn't like to lay back anymore! I can hardly give him a bath by himself because he refuses to lay back and instead tries to sit straight up in the bath tub but of course falls over when he does. He also can't relax in his bouncer or swing because he is constantly trying to sit up and we have to keep a careful eye on him or he will end up leaning over the side of the swing -
I guess that is a sign it is time to put the swing away - sad! Louis is also able to recognize the bottle and Mike says he can even hold it himself! He is just now starting to pass objects from one hand to the other, like his pacifier or a little rattle - he often drops it in the process but is getting better! He loves grabbing his feet now and has managed to get a couple toes in his mouth a few times. Louis also LOVES patty cake, peek-a-boo, and kisses, and these are bound to get a few good squeals!

He's doing great with his nap schedule - very consistent with his morning nap which has been about 2 hours and he goes down well for the second nap but we just need to get this nap to be longer than 45 min to 1 hour!! He barely cries when we put him down - sometimes not at all and sometimes just for a few minutes! This new nap schedule produces a very happy and loveable baby!! Mike and I always say how great Louis is and how much fun we have with him!
Pictures from the month
...And here's the video Mike put together of Louis rolling over. You can see a much bigger version by clicking here.
3 comments:
OMG!!! I canNOT wait to see what Louis gets for graduating college!! This video is awesome! LOVE it! Drew also thumps his legs like that! As I was reading this, I thought, "I've never mentioned that before, but Drew's been doing that too!" Especially when he is swaddled, he lifts both legs over and thumps them down on the bed! It's so loud! Yay for our kiddos! Can't wait to see you!
I love your little guy! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
I never tire of watching this video. It is a good thing that I work in a large school as I can always find someone that I haven't shown it to. It makes me smile every time! He is looking like such a big boy :) Missing all of you!
Mumma/Nanna G
Post a Comment