The day after Mike's mom left Brianne and Mary came to town from Chicago! They arrived late Thursday night and stayed 3 full days! Friday, Mike worked and we took Louis to Seattle. We toured Seattle Heidemann Style (basically eating our way through the city) - We ate Lunch at Lowells, shared a Piroshky which is a Russian pastry, went to Pike Place Brewery for a beer, and shared a caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Before we left, we got Salmon, veggies, and cheese from the Market for dinner! Mike did an awesome job with the Salmon! Louis was having trouble falling asleep and he FINALLY fell asleep in my arms at lunch so instead of waking him I carried him around the market in my arms for over a half hour.
Brianne and Mary carried all of my stuff, and Mary had to feed me my share of the Piroshky - we would do anything to avoid waking a sleeping baby!Saturday morning, I heard Louis make a noise and I thought "just one more 1/2 hour of sleep would be great!" Well, 1/2 hour later I work back up and thought "what a great baby he let me sleep" not quite - Brianne and Mary had gotten him up and were able to entertain him for 30 min so I could get a little more rest - thanks guys! Later that morning we took the Ferry to Vashon Island to celebrate Brianne's birthday! We took 2 small hikes and had a picnic lunch at the light house. It was a beautiful day with great views of Rainer and the city! Louis once again was having trouble falling asleep but we managed to keep him from having a breakdown!
Sunday we figured we better hang around the house to let Louis get back on his normal schedule.
This plan did not work AT ALL as Louis' smiles in the morning quickly turned to fussiness by midmorning and all out crying by afternoon. I was feeling exasperated and didn't quite know what to do with him. I suggested we take a long walk as he normally sleeps on walks so we walked to the Lobster Shop park. Louis proved me wrong and stayed awake almost the entire walk, thus producing and even more overtired baby! Mary was finally able to rock him for over 1/2 hour and get him into bed without waking him (at around 5pm). The poor kid slept till 745am! (with 3 feedings of course!)Even though we had a stressful day, we managed to play some scrabble, Rummikube and Rummy! We ended up ordering pizza for dinner and watching a movie which I fell asleep for!
Monday, I dropped Brianne and Mary off at the bus stop so they could get to the airport. It was sad to see them go but it helps knowing I will see them in April!
Pictures from the weekend
More pictures from Vashon Island
4 comments:
LOUIS IS GETTING SOOOOOOO OLD! I can't even believe it. Could you please tell him to stop growing, at least until April 4th? Tell him his Aunt Kate wants him to remain a little scrunchmuffin!
We had such a great time with you guys! We miss you already. Tell louis his aunt and uncle will see him again soon. :)
PS-We seriously looked at houses in Seattle once we got home...
I told him to stop growing for you but I don't think he listened. He's still getting bigger, and so are those feet!
And keep looking at those houses Brianne! Hopefully you'll make the trip back out here again real soon ;) It's a lot of fun having you guys around
Post a Comment