Mom, Dad, and Anne were able to make one last visit to Seattle before I start back to work. They arrived Friday afternoon Jan 9th and flew back to St. Louis Jan 14th. Friday morning I noticed that Louis had begun holding his head up on his tummy and by the time my parents arrived he was holding his fist up in the air. Friday, we couldn't tell if he had a glimpse of his hand or not but by Saturday he was definitely looking at his fist. By Sunday, Louis was making contact with toys hanging off his play gym with his fist and was occasionally able to open his hand and grab a toy (he couldn't hold on very long).
We thought the grabbing might be an accident but he has been doing it ever since. Needless to say we spent much of the time watching Louis grow! Friday night I was ready to get out of the house since I had been without a car all week so we went to Verrazano's, our favorite Italian restaurant, for dinner! Saturday Mike went skiing and my family and I did a little shopping. Sunday, we hung around the house and in the afternoon walked 4 miles along the BPA trail.
After the long hard walk we went to the grocery store to buy something for dinner and ended up leaving with not only dinner but buffalo chicken wings for a mid-afternoon snack (thanks to Dad and Anne!) Mike thinks that all the Heidemann's do is eat - we were having a hard time convincing him otherwise! On Monday, Mike went to work and the rest of us headed downtown. We pretty much have a routine downtown, we eat (this time smoked salmon eggs benedict at Lowell's), walk through the market, walk to Pioneer square hitting bookstores along the way and then get coffee before heading home. Dad enjoyed carrying Louis around in the front carrier! Monday night my parents offered to stay home and let Mike and I have a date night. So of course we took Anne with us and we went see a movie - Slumdog Millionaire which I highly recommend!
When we got home, we were pleased to discover that our one missing family member was on Skype so we had a quick video chat with Kate to fill her in on the week's action. Tuesday we hung around the house in the morning and met Mike for lunch in the afternoon by his work! The next day was a sad goodbye because Mike had to tell Louis and I goodbye and we headed back to St. Louis with my family... more about that on the next post!Pictures
2 comments:
We had a great time watching Louis grow! Miss you all! Love, G&G H
Louie is sooo cute sitting in his little chair. He is just growing so fast :) I cannot wait to see you all again.
Hugs,
Mumma G/Nana
Post a Comment