Louis has grown up so much in the past month and is becoming much more predictable and fun! Towards the middle of the month he found his hands and immediately began reaching for objects. He meets an object with his fist and then often can open his hand and grab it! He also prefers his fist or two fingers in his mouth rather than his pacifier. (He pretty much only takes his pacifier for naps and bed time!) Louis is in bed for 12 - 13 hours per night waking only 2 (sometimes 3) times per night for a quick feeding then always goes right back to sleep!
He is barely fussy in the evenings and will usually play happily till bedtime (Unless it's tummy time then he will cry and protest!) Actually, Louis can hold his head up when he is on his tummy - now we are working on getting him to support himself on his elbows - which so far he doesn't want any part of!Unfortunately I started back to work last week. I am working 4 days per week (6 hours shifts). The shortened hours has made going back to work not so bad and I found a day care that I really love! It's called Creative Kids Christian Day Care and the owner runs it out of her house but she has it set up like a center where the infants and toddlers have separate rooms and the older kids have a schedule and a learning curriculum.
Louis goes to day care Monday and Tuesday and then I stay home with him Wednesday, Thursday, and Mike stays home Friday, Saturday while I work. He has been to day care 2 times so far and the day care providers said he did really really well, took the bottles just fine and didn't even cry the whole day! (He hasn't slept much there and comes home exhausted but sleeps well at night!) Dad also did a good job taking care of Louis while I was working and for the most part it went well -
dad even picked up, did the dishes, started laundry and went grocery shopping!!). Louis had a doctors appointment at 10 weeks and he was 11 pounds (25-50%) and 24 1/4 inches (90%). He got his shots, which made him cry like I had never seen him cry before (which made his mom cry too!) By the time we left the doctor's office he was back to his old self and didn't have any more problems!
More pictures from the month!
3 comments:
OMG! Okay, this kiddo has three separate personalities, I swear. In the naked picture where he has paint on his hands and feet, Louis looks JUST like a Heidemann. I think he looks just like Mike when he is sleeping in his carseat at the market, and I'd have to do a double take on the red outfit photos (where Louis is laughing) or else I'd think that was Drew! I guess I'm biased, but Louis is SO DARN CUTE!!!
Yeah, every time I look at your blog I keep thinking you've stolen pictures of Louis! Crazy...
I love the bumbo picture :) Amy
Post a Comment