My sister Kate came for a long weekend to visit! She arrived Thursday afternoon Jan 1st. Friday Kate, Mike, Louis and I went shopping to make some Christmas returns. We spent the evening making chicken pot pie, and brownies and watched a movie. Saturday, we let Mike go skiing, which left Kate and I completely home bound since my car is in the shop. Kate didn't seem to mind however and we spent the day drinking tea, working on Louis' baby book, walking, making peanut butter fudge and of course playing with Louis! (by the way, making fudge with non-dairy creamer instead of milk does NOT work!!). When Mike came home we went to dinner at a new Thai restaurant that just opened down the street - it was great!!
We came home and Mike and I both fell asleep on the couch at around 8:30 leaving Kate to sit up alone to finish her book - Louis had fallen asleep at the restaurant and was still sleeping!!Kate has some crazy motherly instinct (or maybe it's and auntie instinct) but she would hear Louis at night before I did! By the time I would get to his room she would already have him in her arms. She would ask me if I needed to feed him and if I didn't she would rock him back to sleep!
If I did have to feed him I would put him down and then if he didn't go to sleep right away she would get up and take care of him. It was such a nice break! Thanks Kate!!Kate had to leave early Sunday afternoon, it was a sad goodbye but it was comforting knowing that I would be home in a week and a half! Kate got some GREAT pics of Louis while she was here!!
4 comments:
Looks like a great visit. Auntie Kate looks like a natural.
Hugs & Kisses,
Mumma (Nana) G
My Auntie instinct worked the other way--somehow I missed every single diaper change and puke!! Hah hah!!
Oops--forgot to put my name on there....
Karla
PS- Mike seems to think I'm a natural though!! Guess I need to work on that a bit!!
Louis is so adorable! He is starting to look like a little person...and my his feet are still BIG! :) I can't wait to hold him! I miss you guys so much.
Post a Comment