This weekend it was just Mike and I again so we made the most of it! Friday we went to the movies and saw Mama Mia - which, by the way, was great!! (Mike would even have to admit he enjoyed it -although he did call it "cheesy"). Saturday, we finally made the hour drive to the mountains for a hike. We did the Cedar Butte Trail in the Iron Horse State Park. It was a great 5 mile hike (a pretty moderate 2 1/2 miles uphill to the top of the butte with an awesome view!) Saturday night we were going to go out for dinner but it was getting late so we opted to stay in and Mike grilled up some fabulous steaks and we hung out outside. Sunday, Mike let me sleep in and I awoke to the smell of "Mikes Famous Breakfast"-which was awesome!!
Then we headed out for a quick kayak - I actually sat this one out as every time I sit in the kayak the baby ends up sitting right on my bladder which makes for a long trip. Instead I sat on a park bench overlooking the beach. Mike said he saw some huge Dungeness crabs and took a picture to show me.
Sunday afternoon was spent laying outside in the backyard with Mike claiming he was doing homework, but I think he was more worried about getting an even tan than studying. We ended a relaxing weekend with an evening walk on the BPA trail!
More Pictures
4 comments:
I LOVE reading about what you do on your weekends -- they sound so nice and lovely! But even though I have actually seen your house now, I still picture you in the backyard of the house I used to imagine before I visited. Anyway, you two are so cute, and I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND! (I hope Mike can come, too!!)
Give Louis a little pat from me:)
(And Mia.)
Kate your sister
p.s. I tried to view the slideshow of your stomach growing, but I had trouble ... but that might be because I was doing it at work, and the work computers can't handle something so technologically advanced ...
i swear to god you two must be the cutest people ever.
Kate, it might be your computer because it appears to work on mine... Or, you can just go to my smugmug page and see the photos that way.
so im wondering where the july posts are.... hahaha
Post a Comment