Feb 24, 2007

We Love Canada :)

Two weeks ago we ventured to Canada for a quick ski trip to Whistler. Once we got past how expensive hotels were, we had a great time. We ended up staying about 1 hour south of the mountain in a crappy hotel with 6 of us in the same room (the crew was with us, Katie and Jim and Erin and Ray). Mike and I volunteered to sleep on the floor so we had 2 wonderful nights of slumber in our sleeping bags. We got on the mountain later than expected between renting gear and buying lift tickets. We almost got away without any mishaps but then Ray fell on his shoulder (and may have a rotator cuff tear) - it was his first time on a snowboard. And then on the last run I fell on my butt and thought I broke my tailbone (but now I think I have mearly herniated a disk). But I do have to say that I am becoming a much better snowboarder!!! After a taxing day on the mountain we hung around Olympic Village and had some drinks and ate dinner. What a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Whew, I am so glad you are back. I was starting to have serious withdrawal!!! When are you guys coming home again? I miss you!?!?

Unknown said...

Finally! Its good to have something entertaining to read again! so ... michael... where are my photos- my staircase is still obviously bare!

Mike said...

OK Katie, I'll get them for you this week, I'm feeling motivated now. Two firework pictures should be coming your way soon :)

Anonymous said...

Marcie and Mike,
I love your blog! I hope this works because last time I tried to leave a comment, I do not think it worked. I had a great time hanging out with you guys this past weekend! I miss you already.
Amy