Jan 29, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa H. In Town

My parents arrived for a visit on Thursday January 28th. My parents got in at noon and took the bus to Federal Way and grabbed lunch and waited for me to pick them up. We all went to get Louis from daycare where we realized he was sick. He was sitting in his high chair staring off into space and was not in a smiling mood. He hadn't eaten all day and when we got him home and put him in a high chair he screamed and cried, pushing all food away. For lack of a better idea I put him to bed at 6p.m. where he proceeded to sleep all night and woke up back to his old self.

Friday, my mom and I ran around while Louis napped and then we all went out to dinner at the Elliot Bay Brewing Co. There was a vent blowing cold air right on Louis the whole time! We asked our server to turn it off but the only thing she did was to maybe turn it down. Louis didn't seem to mind though. It is so hard to go out to eat when the kid is used to going to bed at 6:30. Once he is tired he is a little irritable and needs entertaining constantly!

Saturday my parents were awesome! Not only did they watch Louis and let Mike and I ski (yes, that's me on my back!), they also made a fabulous dinner of pulled pork and slaw for Mike and I and Katy and Ed who finally got to meet my parents. We had a great night playing Phase 10 and eating dark chocolate cake! Right before Katy and Ed came over we had a "practice walking session" with Louis which we had been doing all along, and the day before Louis slid his foot a half a step, so we knew he was getting close, but we were elated that he actually walked on his 15 month birthday!

Sunday, we walked along Ruston Way while Mike kayaked to Ruston way. We were able to meet him for lunch (well, Mike ate lunch - a peanut butter sandwich and we watched him eat). Then my parents and I grabbed coffee and met Mike back at Dash Point park. We let Louis swing and go down the slide which he had a blast doing!


Monday morning we had to say good bye to my parents, which as always is really sad! We had a great time and hope to see them again soon! Thanks for everything mom and dad!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Oh! I miss weekends with your family! I'm so excited that Louis took his first steps. I can't wait for Taylor to start catching up with Louis. I hope Marcie make it in town this weekend. If not, I'll be calling to catch up!