Jan 30, 2010

Louis is 15 Months Old

The big news this month? Louis WALKED!! He took his first steps on his 15 month birthday. It was only 3 steps but it still counts as walking. His grandma and grandpa were in town to see it too! Louis was very proud of himself - I am not sure he knew why he was proud, just that everyone in the room was clapping and cheering for him!

Louis' ability to sign has also really taken off. He signs eat, more, and down. He is constantly signing eat, and then crawling over and pulling up to his high chair. Louis is always eating and will sit in his high chair for like 40 minutes if I let him! He definitely has opinions on what he eats now, vigorously shaking his head "no" if he doesn't want something. It is getting more difficult to get him to eat veggies but he still loves avocado's and tomato's.

Louis has one word that he says all the time which is "oh-oh!" His other words are still there but are less consistant -he says words daily but they are spontaneous, he doesn't repeat after you yet! However, Louis understands everything you tell him - he will attempt to take off his coat, or hat or shoes if asked, he will pick up toys if asked, I you ask him if he wants to take a bath he will crawl over to the steps, crawl up the steps and into the bathroom! He also is able to point to lots of things in he books when I ask him and when he is in the right mood!

At the beginning of the month Louis had a one week stretch of temper-tantrums - screaming, crying, flinging his arms and head around! I was getting scared that this was how it was going to be when all of a sudden he really mellowed out again! I stopped giving him my cell phone because he ALWAYS wanted it - if i got it out to answer a call he would have a melt down. Now he doesn't even care about it for the most part! I also started ignoring him when he was throwing a fit and now if he doesn't get his way he may cry for a minute or two but no head banging or arm flinging!

Louis is still doing pretty good at night but I would say a couple times a week he will wake up and want me to go into his room cover him up with a blanket and pat him on the back - it only takes a second but he was sleeping through every night!

Louis is getting more and more fun and we are looking forward to the next chapter of his life - the one where he walks!

Pictures from the month!

3 comments:

Rob O'Brien said...

Geez, Mike, are you even sure your genes were even involved here? He's all momma! :-D If he has his mother's looks, though, he'll have his father's personality.

Mike said...

Ha, I'm still hoping its the other way around :)

Anonymous said...

I don't see any Germani traits.... Have you seen pictures of Olivia? She is a month old.

Love cousin Julie