Dec 30, 2009

Louis is 14 months old today!

Well, the biggest news this month is that Louis sleeps through the night! Every single night! I am so happy. Louis is now completely weaned. Around the middle of the month he went about 2 days without wanting to nurse so even though I was sad I decided it might be a good time to wean him. It was definitely harder on mommy than Louis!

Louis is now beginning to "cruise" around furniture and can now push his dump truck and walk behind it. I am confident he will be walking by next month! One day Louis started pointing at things and now he points ALL THE TIME! He points at things in his books, he points at the skylight, at kitty, at daddy, at our friends dog and really just about anything. He can point out banana, sun, moon, kitties and puppies in his books. The best thing is, for the past 2 weeks when I go to put him in bed he always points to his bed and then reaches for it! He is just so sweet!

Louis is starting to say words here and there, he usually won't repeat a word when you ask him to say it but he has said ball, book, banana, mama, dada, light and I am not joking - skylight. He is obsessed with the skylight and any light and points to them all of the time. Louis has this game that he LOVES - he drops his pacifier down my shirt and then lifts up the bottom of my shirt looking for it - he does this over and over and it gets funnier and funnier to him!

Louis is very much a momma's boy right now and loves to crawl over to me, pull up on my leg, wants me to hold him and fusses if I leave the room. He is so sweet and fun right now!

Pictures from the month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, soooo cute. He is growing so fast. Thanks for the new pics.
Hugs to all,
Mumma G

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Louis is sleeping through the night! Sounds like you had a fun Christmas :)
Miss you, Amy, Jeff, Ella, and Sophie