Oct 30, 2009

Louis is 1 Year Old!

Happy Birthday Louis! I cannot believe my little guy is 1 year old already! This month Louis has really been working on his crawling skills and can move all over the house on hands and knees. So far he has stayed away from the steps - he will peak over them and then stop and crawl away but we still need to get some gates. He still can't pull up into a standing position, but is really close - he can pull up onto his knees and play in his toy basket or on his activity table.

Louis officially doesn't have any words but he sure understands a lot. If he picks up something he shouldn't have I say "uh-oh, give that to mommy" and he usually hands it over with a smile! One day he was taking things out of my purse and just handing them over right away without me even asking! He also understands "no, thank you" and can be deterred from the cat food bowls, stereo or fire place for a little while. He is starting to imitate things I do, like he puts a hairbrush up to his head and puts his fake phone on his head and starts to babble - ha! He is currently a "mama's boy" - he will reach for me and give me lots of hugs, but not so much daddy. I think daddy is feeling left our right now, but I am sure enjoying it!

Louis is still waking up 1-2 times per night. Arghh!!! I am getting ready to stop feeding him at night - it is way past time for him to be sleeping through the night, I just hate the thought of letting him cry in the middle of the night - for me and him!

I am really sad to see his infant days go, and if I think about it too much it makes me almost cry, but at the same time I am really looking forward to the toddler chapter of Louis' life!

Pictures from the Month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louis is just so cute. I miss him already!
Hugs all around,
Mumma G

Kate said...

Happy super late birthday to Louis!! I love the picture of him dressed as a pumpkin. He is adorable!