On Thursday, Oct. 14th Katie, Jim and baby Taylor arrived for a visit from St. Louis. Taylor is 5 months old and it was her first airplane ride (she slept the whole way - lucky them.) It was so nice to have Katy and Jim back in town and it was just like old times! We had planned to go hiking but it was cold and rainy so we decided to lay low with the little ones. Thursday Mike and I worked and Katie, Jim and Taylor went to Lunch with Katie's old co-workers from Boeing. Thursday evening, once the kiddo's were in bed, we made chili, drank beer and watched "The Office" re-runs.

Friday, after morning naps (well, Taylor had already had 2 naps, because she was so affected by the time change that she was up at 4:45am EVERY morning - poor Katie and Jim) we headed to South Center Mall to walk around have lunch and coffee. Mike and I realized how easy eating lunch out is with Louis compared to dinners when he is overtired and frantic. He actually sat still in his high chair and ate very calmly! Friday evening Katy and Ed came over and we made chicken tacos with mango salsa and hung out. Mike and I still had 2 blueberry beers in our fridge from July (they are gross), so I made up some shots and made everyone take one - so now I only have one bottle left!

Saturday afternoon we all headed into Tacoma for lunch at the Varsity Grill. Lunch was going well until Taylor (who had been having diarrhea the whole time they were here- we did 3 loads of laundry total) had a HUGE blowout all over JIM - poop was on his pants, shirt and socks! Katie and I cleaned Taylor up and Jim cleaned himself up as best he could, but was a really good sport and said he was still willing to go to the Glass Museum. the museum wasn't anything special but it was nice to get out of the house. Saturday night we made meat loaf and mac and cheese and hung out.
Katie and Jim had to leave very early Saturday morning. It was so nice to see them hope that they decide to move back out here - which they are seriously considering!
Pictures!
1 comments:
Thank you so much for letting us stay with you and for putting up with Taylor's rearend! I'm still working on the job search. It may be wishful thinking, but I think I have a good chance of getting a Seattle job!
Post a Comment