Marcie and I were about ready to head out the door for a night on the town. We had noticed that Mia had been sleeping a lot and wasn't very playful for the past few hours. Before leaving we took another look at the sleeping beauty and to our surprise, discovered one of her paws to be three times the size of the others! Now what... it's probably nothing but then again, if one of my appendages more closely resembled a baseball glove than a hand I would probably go see the doctor. So, on the advice of the animal hospital, kitty got her first trip to the ER. They decided it's either broken or strained and gave her some medication and pain killers. The verdict is that she should be fine as long as the swelling subsides by Monday.
But she not a kid... just a cat. Are we crazy? Have we turned into those crazy people that talk about their pets as if they were children? Maybe we have, but whether this is a bad thing or not is yet to be seen. Perhaps it's a stepping stone to some inevitable time in the future when problems like this happen daily but with much higher consequence. Parents in training is one way to look at it I suppose. Needless to say, as long as the benefits outweigh the hindrance, life is still good.
4 comments:
Ohhh...poor Mia! That looks painful. I'm glad she went to the kitty ER. Are you sure that she doesn't have elephantitis of her limb? :)
That was some concern at the vet, but they were able to rule that out : )
poor kitty!
Okay, I'm sorry, but I just have to add this little anecdote: At the wedding, Anne and I were teasing Marcie about being one of those people who talks about her pet as if it were a child and as if everyone were interested (heehee), and she was protesting, and she turned to the lady next to her as said, "No, really, last week Mia climbed up this ..." and launched into a story about the kitty, confirming everything Anne and I had just accused her of.
Now, YOU be the judge of whether Marcie and Mike are THAT couple.
(But I have to admit, I really DO think their stories--and their kitty--are cute (AND interesting)! Perhaps this is because I'm the proud kitty-aunt ...)
Post a Comment