Apr 22, 2007

Our New Kitty

We got a kitten yesterday! Her name for the moment is Amelia (Mia for short). She is an Abyssinian and is 3 months old. She looks a little bit like an alien but mostly like an oversized rat! She is so friendly and affectionate and LOVES to play. Last night, which was her first night in our apartment, she would cry whenever she couldn't see one of us. So we ended up sleeping on the futon in the living room to keep her company. Throughout the night she kept wanting to play - she would jump on me and lick my ears and and crawl under the covers. When she would fall alseep she would lay on our pillows or curl up on Mike!

8 comments:

Kate said...

OH MY GOD Amelia is SO CUTE I just want to fly home immediately and let her lick MY ears.

It's a good thing I checked your blog, because Anne just wrote me an email asking me whether I had heard about the "new addition to the Germanimann family." (She hadn't mentioned anything about cats.)

"Amelia" is growing on me, although I must say it has less nuance than "CleoCATra" or "Tigris."

Mike said...

Well Kate, I'm glad you like the name. Cleocatra almost made it as Marcie really, really wanted that name. Luckily sh learned how to compromise.

By the way, if youo can make it to Switzerland in the next three days make sure to visit me in Fribourge :)

Unknown said...

um... did we all miss a chunk of your lives? like you trip abroad??!?!?!?!?!! the kitty is wicked cute though... why not let her sleep up on the bed with you two?! hahaa

i miss you guys... come home for my birthday!

Unknown said...

oh and its officially Katie F again now. :) Im back to Ferrari!!

Mike said...

Yes you did miss a chunk. I will be posting that one soon. Lot's of pictures to go through...

Kate said...

I have written a blog about our wonderful trip, but I can't access my own blog! Dang!!! If I don't get it to work by tomorrow, I'll just send you the story for your own enjoyment :)

Anonymous said...

Your cat is ADORABLE!!! Is she named for Amelia EARhart? I'm sorry Marcie, but your dad is angry! If he had known you wanted a cat, he would have driven Kitty (aka Satan) to Seattle! If you decide that Mia needs a companion, be sure to let us know. Although, I'm afraid Kate & Anne would never speak to us again! Love, mom
P.S. Sorry if this prints twice, I don't know how to do this thing!

Unknown said...

Get back on the bandwagon here kids... post something... how bout those fabulous pictures from abroad?