Oct 3, 2006

Karen's Bachelorette Party Weekend

Two weekends ago, I flew home for Karen's Bachelorette Party, which was on Sept. 23rd. I flew home on Friday and Brianne and Mary picked me up and we set out for some preparations for the big party. Most importantly, we had to get Brianne and Mary's hair done. Now, I know I don't do much with my rat's nest but over 3 HOURS in a hair cutting place??? I had no idea hair cuts and highlights took that long!! Luckily, in my boredom I decided to call Cousin Laura who just happened to be across the street at happy hour with Tim's work friends (no Laura wasn't drinking) so we chatted for a while. After the hair cut marathon, we met Jennie for dinner at Modesto, a Spanish Tapas restaurant on The Hill (I strongly recommend it).

Finally, down to business. We went to the grocery store to buy food for the party. We planned to make Boboli pizzas, salsa and chips, shrimp and cocktail sauce, beer, wine and the best part - a cake that closely resembled a part of the male anatomy! Saturday afternoon we went to Karen's wedding shower given to her by her family and then in the evening the girls all met at Erin's house in Dogtown for a little preparty - food, drinks, cake and a fun little game! We dressed Karen up for her night on the town and went to a few clubs - 1014 on Locust, and then Layfette's Bar and Grill. The night wouldn't have been complete without Karen being arrested and thrown into a cop car (JUST KIDDING)!! We did beg a cop to pretend like he was arresting her - which he was MORE than happy to do. I think Karen got a little scared when she was handcuffed and locked in the cop car.

To finish the night, 7 of us stayed in 1 hotel room (it was a little crowded). Then in the morning we called Travis, Karen's fiancé and begged him to pick us up and take us to breakfast (since we were poor planners and only had 1 car at the hotel)- which he eventually agreed too (Thanks Travis).

The weekend was a blast! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but as soon as I get Brianne and Mary's pictures, I will post them.

Pictures

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you actually got a cop to cuff her and put her in a car?! thats amanzing... how many sets of boobs did this group have to show him to get that done?LOL

Marcie said...

None - but there is a little more to the story - (none of it involved me though)! See you at christmas! I am so excited!

Unknown said...

I cant wait for you guys to visit! :) Ohhhhhhhhh more to the story eh? hahaha

Anonymous said...

Marcie!! You have to let me know when/if Brianne and Mary are in town (Rockford)! We'll have to hang out. I don't think I have your email address - but here's mine: heide822@hotmail.com. We'll chat soon!

Much love to you and Mike!

Anonymous said...

When are you gonna post the H-O-T-T pictures from that night? Everyone is dying to see them! And trust me everyone...you don't want to know the rest of the story!