Jul 17, 2006

Kayaks on lake union

This weekend we actually stayed in town and hung out with Katie, Jim and Rufus! Saturday morning we met the friends at the Northwest Outdoor Club in Seattle and rented Kayaks on lake Union. Katie and Jim had a tandem and Mike and I had singles (which was against my better judgment) but after almost running into a large boat right near the dock where everyone could see the rest of the trip was uneventful. Katie and Jim then came over for a healthy dinner of beer-grilled chicken apple brats! Sunday we met at Katie and Jim's at 1:00pm and took Rufus to the dog park. Rufus had a great time playing with the "big dogs" but he wasn't so sure about the water, although Katie was adamant that Rufus at least get all the way in the water! Next we drove to West Seattle but it was so crowded that we didn't stay long - just long enough to have a smoothie and walk along the beach. The most exciting part of the day I would have to say is taking Katie and Jim's engagement pictures (well, Mike took them and my job was to get Rufus' attention whenever he was in the picture). We took pictures on top of Queen Anne Hill overlooking the city and at a nearby park! Katie and Jim looked super cute!! We just hope the pictures did them justice!!
*Kayak Pictures*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stories and pictures! you guys are so go go going!

hehe!! my birthday is only 9 days away!

Anonymous said...

Are you EATING in that one kayak picture? Unbelievable. Now that's MY kind of kayak trip.

Anonymous said...

I've missed my brother and sister!

I just spent about one hour of my life going through all the blog posts that I've missed over the past month, and browsing through ALL of your photos. (I figure I ought to do SOMETHING constructive--besides juggling--while I'm lounging around your apartment all day.) Your weekend synopses and hilarious photo captions (marshmallow with a beak?!)actually made me laugh out loud in your empty apartment. I am impressed! Your lives are intensely interesting:) No joke!

I even went through some of the blogs that I missed from May and June. (By the way, you guys are related to some HOTT graduates.)

Oh, and I look forward to being featured in the blog for this coming weekend. I didn't come up here to visit for nothing!!!

Love you guys!