I was vacuuming and happened to vacuum up my shoelace and a drier sheet at the same time (oops... but at least I was vacuuming). So of course the vacuum didn't work after that and being that Mike was the engineer I told him to fix it. Well, right away I told him the belt probably broke, but he said, "no way" and continued to look at everything but the belt. So after like 2o minutes I said, "did you look at the belt?" and he told me the belt fell off but that it wasn't the problem! So I told Mike I am sure it just fell off and just to put it back on and he said "no." After like 20 more minutes of reading the vacuum manual, he said, "Well, let’s put the belt back on, but I am sure that is not the problem." Guess what? The vacuum worked like a charm! And he calls himself an engineer?
Jul 30, 2006
Mike and the Vacuum
I was vacuuming and happened to vacuum up my shoelace and a drier sheet at the same time (oops... but at least I was vacuuming). So of course the vacuum didn't work after that and being that Mike was the engineer I told him to fix it. Well, right away I told him the belt probably broke, but he said, "no way" and continued to look at everything but the belt. So after like 2o minutes I said, "did you look at the belt?" and he told me the belt fell off but that it wasn't the problem! So I told Mike I am sure it just fell off and just to put it back on and he said "no." After like 20 more minutes of reading the vacuum manual, he said, "Well, let’s put the belt back on, but I am sure that is not the problem." Guess what? The vacuum worked like a charm! And he calls himself an engineer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Even the great ones are often fooled by those notorious little sucking machines.
If you had a Dyson- you wouldnt have to worry about that :)
I think everyone is missing the point. Marcie was using a vacuum!!!! That is the real story here.
Who wrote that? I do ALL of the vacuuming and MOST of the cleaning - but I am going to start making the husband do half the work - the vacuuming half at least!
If you divide the vacuuming in half, does that mean that Mike will vacuum every other month?
Every other month? That is pretty optimistic I think. Actually, since we have had a string of visitors the vacuuming has been getting done quite frequently. You should come visit!
I believe that statement to be true, but you should be careful inviting anonymous people into your home. We would come visit, but we have been reading about all of the crime in Seattle recently, and we are afraid to venture to such a dangerous city.
We love Seattle, but we actually live in Federal Way which isn't even considered a suburb of Seattle. So if you didn't want to go to the city we would take you to Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helen's and Olympic National Park!
Its like the battle of good verse evil but i dont know which is which in this case. but on the other hand its like how a slow pitched baseball can fool even the most experienced batters (mike being the slow ball?). Although it could be like david vs Goliath where Rightesness & Merit prevail. although Goliath (Vacuum) looks mighty intimidating, it fails to succeed against determination.
That’s very philosophical of you, Mr. Anonymous. Ultimately, I would have to disagree with you as I believe Goliath won. Marcie may have won the battle by “telling the engineer” how to repair the devious unit but I believe the vacuum actually won the war by causing such a fuss and sparking the most commented entry in this blogs history ;)
Post a Comment