Apr 23, 2009

Nana G. is Back to Visit

Mike's mom was on April Break this past week and so she decided to come for a visit! She arrived late Saturday night. Sunday morning Mike made his famous breakfast and we also fed Louis his first bite of solid food! We gave him rice cereal and he LOVED it! He was all smiles and just gobbled it down - we got great pics and a cute video - it was so fun! That afternoon we headed to the Arboretum and Japanese Garden in Seattle before touring the garden we ate lunch at a cute bakery on Madison Ave. The garden was much smaller than anticipated but it was a beautiful day and just nice to be outside. Sunday night Mike bar-b-qued some pork and we sat outside and had happy hour on the porch. Mike was tired and went to bed early but his mom and I stayed up to play Scrabble. I almost beat her but she put down the "J" on her second to last play and ended up beating me....you know how I feel about losing : )

Monday and Tuesday Mike's mom stayed home with Louis while Mike and I worked. Louis and Nana had a great time together and Nana even tried teaching him to creep by making him reach for toys on his tummy. (if he can push off something like your legs or hands he can do it!) Monday night we ate in but Tuesday night we all went to the Cliff house for dinner and then made it back home in time to watch American Idol and make chicken noodle soup with left over chicken for tomorrow night!

Wednesday I was off but Mike had to work. Nancy, Louis and I met Mike for lunch at our favorite Thai place in Southcenter and then the we went shopping while Mike went back to work. We bought Louis a new outfit with lobsters on it, a sun hat, sunglasses, and an outfit to wear to the three weddings he is going to. Nancy also bought us an umbrella on a stand to put outside - after seeing the little rain umbrella we put in the grass and crouch under to keep Louis from getting sunburned she decided that Louis needed something better! We ended our fun day of shopping with Starbucks (sorry Mary)_and headed home! Nancy and I were on our own for the evening (Mike had a kayak class that he had signed up for long ago) so we played with Louis and put him to bed and ate our chicken noodle soup! Mike got home from class just in time to take Nancy to the airport - as always it was sad to see her go and hard for her to say good bye too - she is just crazy about Louis- but she was able to book a summer trip out here earlier that day for July and we will be out there in May!

Pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog entry needed a comment, so I will oblige! What a great time I had visiting. I was so glad that I had the chance to play with Louis & spend the days with him at home in lieu of daycare. Thanks for sharing his first cereal with me.
Love,
Mumma G

Mike said...

So that's where the rest of his cereal went :) didn't we have enough food for you in the house?

So glad you came out!