Nov 17, 2008

Louis' First Trip to Mount Rainier

Sunday Mike, Louis and I headed to Mt. Rainier for a hike - it was a beautiful day and I needed to get out of the house! The drive was 1 1/2 hours but fortunately Louis loves car rides. As soon as we got to the mountain we fed and changed Louis and got him in his carrier. Mike has to carry him around because if I try to he constantly tries to eat my shirt! We hiked a very slow 2 hours and made it back to the car in time for another feeding and another diaper change! Louis did good and didn't cry the entire time!

Louis has proved to be a pretty easy baby - except Friday and Saturday night he was very fussy and cried for a least 2 hours straight! I was very nervous thinking this is what we have to look forward to for the next 3 months but since then he has been back to his old self with some fussiness but is easily calmed! Simple outings have become huge productions - Friday night we planned on going to the grocery store, so I fed Louis and got him in his car seat at which point he threw up all over it! We had to cancel our trip and wash out the car seat instead!

Louis wants to eat all the time! He will try to eat every 45 minutes if I let him! I try to distract him to try to hold him off for at least an hour and a half between feedings because it is exhausting when he eats so much!! Louis has been taking a bottle like a champ! I have been trying to pump and have daddy give him a bottle every other night to give me a little break and to make the transition back to work easier! We have really been enjoying our time together, it might get a little boring while Mike's at work but at least we get to spend quality time together every single day.

Pictures

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcie sleeping with baby Louis is precious. I remember the feeling so well. I loved seeing all the pictures - Louie finding his thumb (just like his Dad). Enjoy your family time.
Love Ya,
Mumma G

Anonymous said...

Cute! We've been waiting for an update! I love the story about the booting in the car seat before leaving for the grocery store - a little reminder about how tough this is sometimes. If I could share just one thing about newborns (not that I'm an expert, just an observance): there are no patterns, there are some good days and some rough days, and what (s)he likes one day, (s)he'll hate the next. Mark your calendars for three months, that's the time when you can count on their habits; until then, don't be surprised by anything!

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie! I hope Louis is getting a little less fussy in the evenings :)

Anonymous said...

By the way that was Amy who just posted the comment. Love, Amy

Mike said...

Well Rob, the count down has started. Only 11 weeks to go :) Until then, we just try to be ready for anything.