This past weekend I went to St. Louis for two "unofficial" baby showers. I took the red eye flight and arrived in St. Louis Friday morning. After a 4 hour nap, I awoke just in time to help decorate! The "bar-b-que for baby" was Safari animal themed (just like out baby bedding). The whole family came including the Smith's, the Voegtles, the Les Heidemann's and Grandma. My parents made pulled pork and pulled buffalo chicken for dinner - it was awesome! It was fun to see everyone again! Cousin Amber and Amy spent the night and Saturday after a morning walk we met up with Maria, Laura, Justin, Julie, and Jennie at Bottleworks. After a few hours of catching up, we went home and got ready for dinner at Favazza's. Emilie Collins, Katie and Jim, Karen and Travis and Jennie's boyfriend James joined the group. We had an awesome dinner and then opened presents and ate cupcakes that Amy and Julie had brought!!
Following dinner we went to a smoke-free bar nearby for a few drinks (water for me of course). Sunday morning, Katie and Jim and Julie came over and joined us for brunch. Later I finally got to see Katie and Jim's house which is AWESOME!!! Sunday evening we Gerry, Emily and Katie came over for a visit and since Katie and Emily are both pregnant we got some awesome pictures! Amber stayed with me the whole time which was so nice since I can't remember the last time I got to spend more than a couple of hours with her! She was a trooper too as we went non-stop the whole weekend!
Monday, Amber stuck around and we met Kate downtown (along with my parents) at a Crepe restaurant for lunch before I had to get on my flight.
It was a great weekend and the only think missing was Mike. After this weekend I think Louis has just about everything he could possibly need! It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone but next time we will be home we will have Louis with us, so that is very exciting!
See the Pictures
1 comments:
Everyone looks so good, and it looks like you guys had a great time! I'm so sad I couldn't be there. I'll see you midwesterners soon though!
Post a Comment