
We found out on Valentine's day that we were going to be parents! I had been telling Mike for the past two weeks that I was pregnant, then I wasn't, then I was but by Valentine's day I was sure that I wasn't (from all the negative pregnancy tests). I was headed downtown to meet Brianne, Mary, Justin, Laura and Mike for happy hour and dinner and something told me to take one more test before I had a drink. I stopped at Walgreen's to buy a test and took it right away. It was positive. I was shocked and Mike was skeptical after the drama of the past two weeks. My friends knew right away when I didn't order a beer and there was no way of hiding it from them!
Our baby is due October 26th (which is my birthday) and we are going to have a boy, Louis Michael.

We tried to keep the name a secret but I finally gave in to all of the pressuring from the family and it didn't help that BOTH of our mom's actually guessed the first and middle names before we even told them! (Mike's grandpa on his dads side was named Louis)
The first 11 weeks were horrible with constant nausea, but since then I have felt great -just tired in the evenings - but going to bed early helps! I have given up running for now at the recommendation of my doctor to keep my heart rate below 140 -which is really a good excuse since my knees never fully recovered from my half marathon in November. But I have been walking almost daily. People love to tell me how they gained 50 or 85 pounds during there pregnancy, which really scares me but so far I am gaining the appropriate amount of weight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment